Doghouse is a fast-growing, award winning Australian digital agency with offices in Perth Melbourne and Croatia. We pride ourselves on our vibrant culture, innovative minds and enthusiasm for the latest in technology and design trends. We are currently on the lookout for an experienced Full Stack Web Developer to join our team.
A little bit about us
- we build bespoke enterprise web applications
- we’re agile in our adoption of technology and development methodology
- ours tool and processes are developer centric
- we champion open source
- you’ll work in a cohesive cross functional team
We’re a passionate bunch, looking for equally passionate individuals to join our growing team. We drink a lot of coffee, cycle into work, value our well being and our team. Stocked kitchens, monthly celebrations, in-house training and a supportive learning environment and 'people' offering.
We pride ourselves on being collaborative and creative, we keep out structure flat to ensure we nurture that. We offer a team-oriented environment in which each person is motivated by our company goals and growth. We love working with other smart people and creating something that is best in class and beautiful for our clients.
The key things
- Passion for development and building new things
- Experience with Drupal, Magento, Laravel or similar PHP frameworks
- Good knowledge of SQL based databases
- Experience with technical documentation and specifications
- Experience with agile frameworks and methodologies (Scrum)
- Good knowledge of HTML5 and SASS
- Good Linux/command line experience
- Experience with REST APIs
- Good working knowledge of Git
- Strong communication skills, both in writing and face to face
- Speaking up and having constructive conversations with the team and clients
- Experience in leading projects
- Strong leadership skills - ability to effectively manage a small team of bright and eager Devs.
- Drupal.org, Github.com, Stackoverflow.com or similar social accounts. Highly regarded if you contribute regularly to any of these services or an open source project
- Management experience
- Have your own blog, website or personal project you maintain
- Docker experience
- Experience with testing frameworks and CI
- The ability to make us laugh
Things we love
- Making awesome websites and applications
- The open source community
- Music, film and gaming
- Getting our “active on” and doing triathlons, gymming - whatever wellness means to you
- Wine, beer and food is on the cards too
- Coffee obviously.
Why working for Doghouse is awesome
- A creative and dynamic team with enterprise projects and great clients
- We love to embrace new technologies and always looking for ways that technology can improve our products, the business and processes.
- Creativity, fun and innovation is encouraged
- Relaxed yet professional environment
- You can make a difference
How to Apply
Apply via our website or email [email protected]
- A cover letter explaining why you are the best person for the job and how you tick our boxes
- Resume with relevant previous jobs, skill set and experience
- Links to any sites, apps, projects you have developed or worked on
- An example of the piece of work you are most proud of
Our recruitment process consists of an initial pre screen via our Dev Quiz and interviews with the team. Looking forward to seeing what you can bring to Doghouse!
This is a full-time role with salary negotiable based on experience. Attention to detail is important to us, so please take heed of the application requirements above.
Looking forward to seeing what you can bring to Doghouse!