We are looking for an exceptional Junior Software Engineer to join our team in our Glebe office. This is a junior level role, so we would consider graduates, or candidates with less than 3 years’ experience in Software Engineering. This is an exciting opportunity to work on something extremely challenging and interesting, and be mentored by some of the best in the industry.
About the Job
We are looking for a promising junior level software engineer to join our team, and be instrumental in the growth of an app that is unlike anything else on the market. This is a full-time role based in our Glebe office. Your responsibilities will include:
- Talk to product owners, contribute ideas, work out what needs to be done, liaise, implement it, and test it; there are no business analysts here.
- Server-side development in C#.
- Internal systems in whatever works: Python, Node, etc.
- Write unit tests and automated end-to-end tests.
- Daily life involves developing features or bug fixes, talking with product owners and your team to solve problems, a stand up meeting to keep track of progress, and monitoring log alerts and crash reports for your work that is already in production environments.
You are encouraged to work on every part of the stack – we have no pure backend/frontend engineers. If you’re someone who likes to work on new technology and learn new areas of your work projects to challenge yourself, our company is perfect for you.
- Server: C#, ASP.NET MVC, MS SQL Server
- Desktop app: C#, WinForms, .NET, Embedded Chrome
- Daily automated deployments to Microsoft Azure
- Continuous integration builds with unit tests
- Automated web browser tests
- One-on-one code reviews
- Source control (Git)
- Flexible work hours (before/after core hours of 10.30am – 5pm)
- Eclectic offices in Glebe, with a sunny veranda for lunch. (And there are many cheap takeaway places and restaurants in easy walking distance.)
This is a junior level role, so we would consider graduates, or candidates with less than 3 years’ experience in Software Engineering. The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor degree in Software Engineering, Computer science or equivalent with First Class Honours or Ph.D., or other evidence of exceptional ability.
- Demonstration of a passion for programming and UX.
- We expect our developers to come to us with new ideas and technologies. We are happy to send developers to training and conferences, although we have noticed that good developers tend to be self-starters.
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
- If you have a site where your code is public, please share this in your resume as it will help you stand out in the crowd.
Your reward? Besides a healthy compensation package ($75K – $100K + super, depending on experience etc), we offer share options, weekly team lunches and a relaxed (but high-performing) workplace culture.