- Full-time and permanent, based in our offices in Sydney CBD
- A great opportunity to join a team moving a successful business from enterprise sales to SaaS
- Round out your engineering expertise with focus on a growing product
Working as part of the Engineering team, you'll focus on building great user experiences for our customers. You'll do this though applying a creative approach to technology and an analytical approach to design.
You are a front-end developer with solid SaaS experience, and have couple of years experience and some well-earned opinions on the following
- Building component based applications in an SPA using React and Redux with ES6
- Styling the product using SASS / CSS Modules
- Maintain and improve our Design System
- Consumption of data using GraphQL, REST-ish APIs and Twirp/Protobuf, powered by Ruby and Rails
- A desire to use data and insights to make product decisions
- A penchant for building, measuring and learning
We value the following traits in our team members. We hope you do, too.
- You’re self-motivated and can work both independently and collaboratively. Working independently is something that you enjoy, yet you recognise that pair programming is a great way to improve the skills and experience for both of the pair.
- You recognize that engineering is a series of tradeoffs and balance technical excellence whilst delivering business value.
- You write code for your future. Output should be documented, testable, reusable and maintainable.
- You’re a generalist with deeper specific skills and comfortable developing complex systems.
- You love learning. You might not have the experience required for all areas of this role, but you’re excited by the prospect of growing to learn things that will make you an asset to yourself, the team and company.
Composed of four Software Engineers and four Data Analysts, we work with our broader business team of Social and Paid Media specialists to grow our product. We consider ourselves 'T-Shaped' with deep skills in Ops, Data Engineering, Data Analysis and Insights, Data Vis and UI/UX.
We value our engineers and aim to offer a competitive salary, depending on your skills and experience. In addition, we offer:
- BYOD and Salary Sacrifice. We'll help you purchase the laptop or device of your dreams.
- Flexible Hours. Play Sport? Or need to take your dog to the vet or car to be serviced? We understand. Our focus on impact helps you balance your life with your working hours.
- Career Development. We support attendance and time at relevant conferences or courses so you can keep learning
- Other rewards + Share Options. We look to reward our employees with bonuses and are in the process of implementing a share option scheme for all employees.
- Fun days. We do all we can to make our workplace fun and enjoyable. We only hire smart, talented people, who get things done and not arseholes. We plan and enjoy team hack-days and social events
- Celebrating Success. We call out everyone who has achieved success or a win both at our weekly wins and our monthly updates.
Digivizer is an award-winning Sydney-based digital analytics technology company with a footprint in 13 countries and serving global customers. We make it easy for every business to understand and make good decisions about their investment in digital marketing (social & search - owned, earned and paid media). We have just launched a SaaS product that takes the best of our enterprise technology and making it affordable and easy for any business to take advantage of. This platform has already won a number of awards and been featured in CMO, Which-50, Smart Company and Dynamic Business.
Our clients include well-known brands such as Lenovo, Microsoft and Bethesda Software. They use our product to report on their digital marketing performance, and we provide those businesses with actionable insights through our team of analysts. Our mission is to productise actionable insights to provide our best-in-class analytics reporting to everyone.
How to apply
Please send applications to [email protected] with the subject line: “Front-End Engineer” including the following:
- A cover letter.
- A CV, resume or portfolio. Whatever you think provides us with insight into your work.
We appreciate the love but unfortunately will only be able to get in touch with our shortlisted candidates. If we wish to move forward, there will be a 30-minute catch up. We’ll answer questions you have about our business, and learn about you, your aims and your experience. We'll then work through a collaborative technical skill analysis. Lastly, we’ll extend an offer for contract, full time or decline.
You must have Australian citizenship or a valid long term visa. No recruiters please.