We built DICE for fans. We’ve gone from being a tiny six-person company in London to a 90+ person (and growing) company that is now launching around the world.
DICE is obsessed with design and technology and on a mission to be the world’s best platform to discover and buy tickets to amazing live experiences. The best artists all work closely with us to make sure their tickets go to their fans, not scalpers or touts.
We’re looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our new team in Sydney. Your primary focus will be providing tech support to fans & internal teams in Australia, Europe and North America. Our users are round the clock so we are too. Taking advantage of the time difference; the Sydney support engineer will be helping Aussies buy Laneway tickets on their lunch break one minute, then helping Londoners get into a club on Kingsland Road the next. We want a self starter who loves to fix things, has a natural curiosity, the maturity to work collaboratively with remote teams, and a passion for helping music fans all over the world.
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Reporting on issues reported, resolved and unresolved, tracking technical issue metrics over time
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- BSc degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- 1+ year experience in a Technical Support role
- Familiar with mobile product and design lifecycles, and collaborating in a cross-functional team
- Understanding of Unix/Linux environment
- Understanding of PostgreSQL/MySQL or other database systems
- A passion for high code quality, ownership and craftsmanship
- Experience writing code in Go (bonus)
- Active Github account / open source contributions (bonus)
You'll be working in a fast paced, new team with smart, passionate, interesting people who have amazing ideas that often become reality. We're on a mission and you'll be an integral part of the team to make a BIG impact. We're well funded and have global ambitions - let's be honest, you'll love working here.
+ Free Breakfast
+ Co-working space in Central Sydney
+ Chance to come to our London office and meet the rest of our 90+ employees!