CashDeck (a fintech company in the personal financial management space) helps finance brokers, advisers and accountants better understand their clients and their clients better understand themselves.
We’re a small team of creative rebels and have a flat and open structure. We have a collaborative culture built on hacking ideas, code, and business models. We’re looking for additional trouble makers to join our team who enjoy solving huge problems, disrupting archaic industries, and are not afraid to think big.
About the Role
The Front-end Developer will be responsible for conceptualising, creating, and implementing the overall visual design of CashDeck’s products. The role consists of translating the interesting functionality of our systems into intuitive web/mobile UI using technologies such as AngularJS/2+ and CoffeeScript (migrating to TypeScript) for our back-end Ruby on Rails-driven applications.
The Front-end Developer must be excellent at user experience, user interface, and visual design as well as have a personal design ethos for simple and beautiful design.
The Front-end Developer will work closely with back-end, branding and marketing and in developing ideal and authentic product design approaches for our unique market.
- Experience producing (from concept to completion) high quality, aesthetically pleasing user interfaces with an emphasis on mobile first designs.
- Design, build, refine, and test UI mockups for new and existing designs – includes everything from icon to application design.
- Ability to visualise the users’ needs and translate them into great designs.
- Laser focused detail on user experience throughout the design and development process.
- Familiarity with Single Page Application (SPA) development using AngularJS/2+, CoffeeScript/TypeScript & RESTful APIs.
- Be comfortable with understanding Ruby on Rails back-end applications.
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions.
- Familiarity with responsive design trends and the ability to implement them.
- Passionate about design, UI/UX, and maintaining design integrity in the development process.
- Be informed of latest developments in the design and technology world to keep the company’s vision and branding up to date and in line or even ahead of its peers.
- Open to finding (and researching) solutions to design or front-end engineering issues that may arise and realising the necessity of this skill in the product development lifecycle.
- At least 5 years experience as a design professional.
- HTML, CSS (SASS & BEM), AngularJS/2+, CoffeeScript, TypeScript, Adobe Creative Suite
- This position is located in a funky heritage-listed building about 200 metres away from Circular Quay in Sydney.
Please apply with your resume as well as a portfolio of your most current work showing a variety of design projects to [email protected]
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.