We're looking for a Front End Developer for a 2 month contract with the potential to go permanent.
It’s your time to shine
Carter is digital agency based in Melbourne and are currently looking for a Front-End Developer to join our multi award-winning team in Fitzroy.
At Carter we are known for our creative skills, exceptional client management as well as having the most talented devs in the digital industry - Carter Front-End Devs are passionate about cutting the best code in town.
You, the FED
You are committed to your work, and want to refine and develop your digital craft with other talented creatives and developers in an exciting and forward thinking studio.
You're proud of the code you write and are always improving the way you write it. You're keen for feedback and like helping out others too.
You enjoy interaction design and are passionate about making a user's experience the best it can be (things like load time, a11y and buttery smooth animations).
An agency advocate
You are a champion for Carter Digital, our people, our approach and all that we stand for and deliver.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Maintaining existing sites and applications to the same standards they were built
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimise code for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members
- Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in front-end web development of high traffic, consumer facing applications
- Fluent understanding of semantic HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, such as Sass, PostCSS
- Understand Interaction design and have a passion for usability
- Confident in all aspects of responsive design
- Familiarity of build tools like Gulp, Grunt and/or Webpack
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Experience with React web applications as well as with Redux (when to use, how to use it)
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image with Sketch or Photoshop
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that solutions will adhere to them
- Clean, commented, team-aware code is second nature to you
- You have a positive influence on team & clients
- You have a keen eye for design and will make sure your work matches that of our design team
- Bonus round
- Some experience with one of the (other) heavyweight JS frameworks, like Angular, Vue.js
- Experience developing WCAG compliant websites/applications for government clients (Level AA)
- Experience working with Expression Engine or Craft CMS
Carter employees enjoy;
- Exposure to some of the best clients on the planet
- Working with and learning from ultra talented individuals
- 10 days working from home (or the beach) each year
- Your birthday off
- Lunch on us
- Flexible working hours
- A close-knit multi-disciplinary team working together to solve problems every day - we love collaborating!