Campaign Monitor is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing SRE team; someone who will work on automating and scaling our systems for ever-increasing growth. We send over 2 billion emails every month and our infrastructure needs to scale accordingly so we can deliver the best user experience possible.
More than 150,000 amazing companies of all shapes and sizes rely on Campaign Monitor to manage their email marketing, but there are many more customers we haven't met yet. Our recent $250 million funding will help us find the right people and build the right product to make that happen.
At Campaign Monitor you'll be joining a team of smart and passionate people to solve challenging and interesting problems using the latest technologies. You’ll have an awesome computer setup, you can choose to split your time between home and the office, enjoy free lunch with your colleagues, participate in our share program, and take part in monthly team events. To top that off, we’ve got a killer location in the hippest part of Sydney. We’ve also been awarded as a Top Place to Work from year to year.
Who are you?
You're smart, personable and friendly, and you communicate clearly and respectfully. You live and breathe problem solving related to mission-critical services and are passionate about learning challenges and trends within Site Reliability.
What you’ll be doing
- Solve problems relating to mission-critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions. Facilitate root cause analysis sessions and communicate the findings back to the product teams
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; eventually automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions. Create visibility on how we perform against our SLA through active monitoring and reporting
- Design, write, and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Campaign Monitor's services
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning
- Conduct on-call duties
- Measure everything, report on interesting events, and alert on critical issues
- Create and update process documentation, playbooks, and incident reports
- Work with other teams to build, test and roll out systems
- Computer Science or related degree, or several years of relevant industry experience
- Strong fluency (5+ years) in at least two of the following programming languages: C#, Go, C++ and Java
- You’re comfortable working from the command line
- You’ve used a range of storage engines (relational databases, Elasticsearch, Cassandra etc) and know when each type is useful
- Experience with a public cloud provider, such as AWS
- You can use a DVCS like Git or Mercurial
- You know how web applications work, from the underlying network protocols (HTTP, TCP) through to web server (IIS, nginx), browser behaviour and everything in between
- You know how to use windbg or similar to improve application performance
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and UDP networking and troubleshooting with Wireshark, nmap and friends
- Effective communication skills, via interactive mediums and documentation
- Big data systems such a Elasticsearch, Cassandra or Hadoop
- Distributed data storage systems like HDFS
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary
- An awesome work environment using the best available equipment
- Adjustable desks so you’re comfy
- Daily catered meals and loads of snacks and drink options
- Weekly happy hours involving Corn Hole/Ping Pong Tourneys and super fun, frequent team events
- Flexible work hours and great vacation (we believe in the importance of work-life/personal-life balance)
- Paid time off to volunteer in our community
- Training budget to make sure you're always learning and growing
Campaign Monitor was recently recognized by:
Entrepreneur Magazine for having a top 10 best company culture in San Francisco
Business Weekly Review as one of the top 10 Best Places to Work in Australia
Join the Campaign Monitor & GetFeedback team
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. This is something we value deeply and we encourage you to help us change the way marketers interact with their customers.