Job Title: ICT Manager
Type: Full Time/Permanent
Location: London, UK
Competitive Salary Range Starting at: £42,740
Closing date: 15th December 2019
How to Apply: Directly to the AHC recruitment site
About the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the Position
The position provides technical support and administration of the DFAT communication systems at post in line with DFAT policy. The position is required to operate with a high degree of autonomy and self-management to resolve issues which will include working closely with the Global Support Centre (GSC), Regional Technical Officers (RTO) and Canberra-based information systems managers.
The ICT Manager will provide a range of communications and technology services, including first level support, providing advice on routine requests from the Australian High Commission’s employees and partner agencies and ad-hoc project work in line with business requirements.
It is a condition of this appointment that any candidates applying for this position must have or be able to obtain and maintain an Australian National Security Clearance to Top Secret Level and must therefore be an Australian citizen.
The key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Manage and maintain DFAT’s unclassified and classified systems/networks, processes, databases, internet, intranet and user administration
· Maintain current knowledge of DFAT systems and identify opportunities for efficiency improvements in processes and procedures
· Daily management and investigation of ICT support cases, responding to and prioritisation of issues from identification to resolution
· Manage DFAT’s secure telephone and videoconferencing facilities, ensuring appropriate approvals are in place and venues are secure, providing technical assistance, resolving hardware issues, and providing training to users
· Manage IT and Security administration for starters and leavers in liaison with other post administration staff
· Provide security briefings for all new staff and staff granted security clearances
· Manage and maintain post’s access control system (Cardax). Including creation, access amendments and deletion of users, access reports on request and close liaison with Cardax’s engineers on day-to-day operations and troubleshooting
· Undertake asset management tasks and stock-takes for DFAT equipment, including active management of a mobile device asset register
· Maintain Keywatcher system including creation, access amendment and deletion of users
· Support Ministerial and high level visits, including communications information and input at the planning stage, the installation of office setups in off-site locations and assisting with delivery of secure communications during visits
· Manage contract for office printers and maintain associated equipment and toners.
· Maintain cable infrastructure and floor distribution racks
· Manage the delivery of communication about DFAT’s ICT activities and outages with accurate and timely recording and reporting on those activities
· Provide training and administration of the High Commission’s physical and electronic data records management systems
· Provide training and administration of the High Commission’s website
· Supervise staff undertaking back-up ICT or post security administration (PSA) duties as required
· Other duties are required
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for customer service – including: face-to-face, e-mail and telephone communication, including demonstrated high level commitment to quality customer service, support and delivery
· Functional expertise in technology and network administration, and the ability to learn additional skills in this area quickly or on-the-go
· Demonstrated prior responsibility for network administration or experience in this field
· Strong time management and multitasking skills
· Ability to interpret technical language to non-technical colleagues for their understanding
· Experience maintaining systems, processes, databases, internet and intranet
· Experience in management and tracking of an asset and device register
· Demonstrated knowledge of current PC related hardware and maintenance
· Flexibility, reliability, adaptability and the ability to respond to changing work priorities as demand requires, including responding out of hours
· Ability to assist with Video Teleconference facilities and experience with Audio Visual events would be an advantage