If you have the right blend of enthusiasm, technical ability, curiosity, and creativity, you may just be right for the Senior Solutions Architect role on the Alexa Skills Kit team. The Alexa Skills store has over 70,000 available voice experiences globally, created by third-party developers. Customers use Alexa Skills for all kinds of purposes, from entertainment (playing games, interactive stories) to getting things done (booking restaurants, checking-in for flights).
As a Senior Solutions Architect, you will combine deep technical insight with your ability to clearly explain cutting-edge concepts in order to help developers from other companies build the best Alexa experiences that wow customers. The kinds of companies you'll work with range from big enterprises (banks, airlines) to smaller businesses (e.g. app developers, startups, digital agencies).
Much of your day will be people-facing but with plenty of opportunities to go deep on the technical and design aspects of building voice experiences. You will partner with an Alexa Business Development Manager working on several skill development projects at once. You're Amazon's technical voice of the customer, and your highest priority is helping to produce quality voice experiences. This involves defining the most compelling use cases, co-designing the voice interaction and speech recognition models, providing feedback on early-versions, and helping to debug any code issues that arise. You should show technical leadership and be able to get the best out of Alexa Skills when faced with ambiguity and last-minute changes.
Experience in technical customer-facing roles (such as consulting) is preferred. Modern web or app technical experience is a requirement. Having existing experience in designing and developing conversational experiences is also valued. Applicants without a conversational/voice background are highly encouraged to apply, as Alexa's approach to this aspect is unique and can be learned on the job.
- Working with external companies to help create the best Alexa Skills possible for customers
- Helping companies arrive at the best voice use cases, and user interaction designs
- Getting 'scrappy' by helping developers debug their in-development Alexa Skills
- Introduce developers to new devices, features and best practices for their implementation
- Managing an ongoing pipeline of Skill development projects
- Delivering persuasive, passionate, high impact, high quality presentations to senior decision makers
- Improving our practice by documenting best practices and developing re-usable resources (e.g. sample code)
- 5+ years of mobile, software or digital experience in a technical role.
- Experience utilising cloud technologies, including serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda.
- Experience with event-driven programming environments such as Node.js
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences up to senior leadership level
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
- Hands on development experience and full understanding of web or app development pipeline and process
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and appropriate plans quickly
- Passionate about learning and staying curious in a fast-paced environment at the leading edge of user interface, language and AI