Airtasker is a fast-growing online and mobile marketplace for local services and temporary labour. We are revolutionising the way people and businesses get more done by connecting real time labour requirements with one of the world's most under-utilised assets - people power.
Airtasker has big ambitions and recently raised $33M worth of funding as we go international, with UK being the first country to plant our flag! We are building a talented team with opportunities to make a real impact in a hyper-growth and solutions-oriented start-up workplace.
Airtasker is looking for engineers to join us on this journey with a focus on building out platform capabilities and new features for the product.
You will be responsible for:
- Building out APIs for our frontend clients
- Scoping new features for the platform with the Product and UX teams
- Contributing to the engineering roadmap
- Managing multiple projects across the business simultaneously
Key attributes we are looking for:
- Minimum of 3-5 years software development experience
- Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related IT discipline
- Experience working with and building APIs
- Work in an Agile manner, iterating through user stories and applying test-driven development techniques
- Experience in using various testing frameworks for automated testing
- Excellent English communication skills
- Full stack experience preferred
- Contributed to the open source community
- Interest in the start-up and technology community