Great opportunity for a Full Stack Cloud Developer to grow with an Australian technology business that is expanding on the global stage and making a meaningful difference in the lives of millions around the world.
We’re a 14-year old homegrown Australian startup with offices in Sydney, London, San Francisco, Toronto and Melbourne. We are leaders in bringing accessibility and inclusion to the production, delivery and consumption of new forms of media. From TV programs to live sport and broadcast events, we already deliver live and closed captioning for customers around the globe including Facebook, Amazon, Channel Nine, Seven, the United Nations, Foxtel and BBC Worldwide. And we’re just getting started.
Ethan Zuckerman is credited with the pithy observation that “there's no locality on the web – every market is a global market”. This is a daily reality for Ai-Media as we pursue our Australian-born mission to build a more inclusive world, one word at a time. We’re seeking a superstar application developer with a deep understanding of cloud-native applications and the potential for “as a service” infrastructure to support globally-scalable digital services. This role is one of technical leadership as we design and implement new distributed software architectures to power our next-generation customer experiences.
This role is based at our head office in North Sydney.
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of millions around the world by powering software products designed to help include people in an increasingly digital society.
- Work in a dynamic culture within small teams doing big things.
- Be a part of a global community of over a million people who follow and support our mission.
- Create and collaborate within a multi-disciplinary team of product designers, developers, sales, marketing, and operations professionals.
- Work within a diverse company with a big heart that delivers ample opportunity for personal and career growth.
- Work from a modern and funky office in North Sydney, with sit-stand desks, whiteboard walls and collaboration spaces.
- Provide technical leadership for peer developers by demonstrating new ways of developing large-scale digital services upon cloud-based infrastructure.
- Design distributed Functions-as-a-Service (FaaS) and event-driven software patterns to power scalable digital services.
- Design and implement application performance monitoring and operational visualisation solutions.
- Design and implement application security infrastructure including cloud-based identity, authorisation & access control mechanisms.
- Plan and lead legacy application refactoring initiatives.
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in full-stack enterprise software development across multiple programming environments (e.g., .NET, Java, Python, etc.) and paradigms (e.g., object-oriented and functional).
- Production experience and demonstrated thought leadership in designing and developing cloud-native applications for one or more of the “Big Three” cloud providers Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Compute Engine.
- Demonstrated commercial experience with various Agile & DevOps development approaches including Scrum, Lean, CI/CD, test automation, and containerisation; and tools such as Atlassian Jira, Git and Docker.
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation for accessibility and user experience in application design.
At Ai-Media we hire for culture first and foremost. Whilst we definitely value experience and expertise with tools and technologies, we consider personal characteristics and culture fit to be of the utmost importance. Please send your tailored covering letter and CV to apply for this role.
PLEASE NOTE: We would only like to hear from very driven candidates who are interested in growing with the business, so please don’t send a generic cover letter as your application won’t be considered. To show us that you have awareness of attention to detail, please address your letter to Sophie Waller and make her name bold and in italics.