Great opportunity for a Cloud Platform Developer to work with an Australian technology business that is expanding on the global stage and making a meaningful difference in the lives of millions around the world.
We’re a 14-year old homegrown Australian startup with offices in Sydney, London, San Francisco, Toronto and Melbourne. We are leaders in bringing accessibility and inclusion to the production, delivery and consumption of new forms of media. From TV programs to live sport and broadcast events, we already deliver live and closed captioning for customers around the globe including Facebook, Amazon, Channel Nine, Seven, the United Nations, Foxtel and BBC Worldwide. And we’re just getting started.
Ethan Zuckerman is credited with the pithy observation that “there's no locality on the web – every market is a global market”. This is a daily reality for Ai-Media as we pursue our Australian-born mission to build a more inclusive world, one word at a time. We’re seeking a superstar application developer with a deep understanding of cloud-native applications and the potential for “as a service” infrastructure to support globally-scalable digital services. This role is one of technical leadership as we design and implement new distributed software architectures to power our next-generation customer experiences.
This role is based at our head office in North Sydney and is a 6-month contract position.
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of millions around the world by powering software products designed to help include people in an increasingly digital society.
- Work in a dynamic culture within small teams doing big things.
- Be a part of a global community of over a million people who follow and support our mission.
- Create and collaborate within a multi-disciplinary team of product designers, developers, sales, marketing, and operations professionals.
- Work within a diverse company with a big heart that delivers ample opportunity for personal and career growth.
- Work from a modern and funky office in North Sydney, with sit-stand desks, whiteboard walls and collaboration spaces.
- Create microservices using AWS API Gateway and Lambda (NodeJS/TypeScript)
- Migrate on-prem .Net Core/C# services to AWS API Gateway and Lambda
- Write unit and integration tests
- Provide technical leadership for peer developers by demonstrating new ways of developing large-scale digital services
- Design and implement application performance monitoring and operational visualisation solutions.
- Plan and lead legacy application refactoring initiatives.
- Serverless Technology
- AWS API Gateway
- AWS Lambda
- AWS Step Functions
- .Net Core/C#
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Open API / Swagger