4impact are a long term partner of a large QLD organisation in Brisbane CBD, where our reputation for delivery and success in large projects is paramount.
The Senior DevOps Engineer role is responsible for the design and implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities. Other responsibilities include working with internal business partners to gather requirements, prototyping, architecting, implementing / updating solutions, building and executing test plans, performing quality reviews, managing operations, and triaging and fixing operational issues.
- Operational management and technical leadership of applications within the IG IT portfolio;
- Responsible for the detailed solution architecture and delivery activity as part of project execution;
- Contribute to the ongoing implementation and improvement of DevOps automation tools and principles;
- Build a knowledge base and community of practice around technical expertise, frameworks and best practices on chosen technologies;
- Be the technical evangelist and leader within the business to inform and guide stakeholders towards the most effective IT outcome;
- Engineering of solutions, frameworks and the supporting platforms to provide the optimal internal customer experience;
- Actively seek and implement process improvements both within the IT department, as well as amongst the business groups to ensure our client is gaining maximum value from IT investments;
- Work with Architecture team to ensure delivered solution is in-line with agreed high-level architecture;
- Own vendor relationships around driving value from existing IT investments and ensure technical and product alignment with the objectives.
The ideal consultant for this opportunity will need to have previous experience within the following technical capabilities:
- Deploying automation solutions in a public cloud environment such as AWS.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills across the enterprise.
- Deployed applications in Amazon AWS, Google or Azure.
- Migrated applications from on premise data centres to cloud service providers.
- Proficiency in system design & architecture.
- Demonstrated experience building streaming data pipelines and infrastructure i.e. Kafka, Kinesis, Redshift
This is a wonderful opportunity for a consultant to take part in challenging business transformation and IT projects. To find out more about 4impact and this opportunity please apply for this opportunity.