Good developers are hard to find. Being open to international candidates via programs like the Temporary Skills Shortage visa (TSS) can significantly expand the talent pool available to you. Many Australian tech companies spend huge amounts of time and energy to recruit the perfect candidate only to find they have not met the visa requirements to bring them over. They then have to re-advertise the role and potentially lose their target.
The requirements you will need to meet if you want to be able to consider candidates who require a visa are called Labour Market Testing (LMT). Here are some key points to keep in mind when you begin advertising your position.
- Advertising must start 4 months before any visa application can commence
- Advertising must run for a minimum of 4 weeks
- The ad must be written in english, include:
- The skills and experience required
- The salary (if lower than $96K)
- The ad must be available in
at least two of the following mediums:
- National print media
- Professional requirement website ( like austechjobs!)
- National radio
- Posting to social media or Gumtree type classifieds does not count.
Austechjobs can help in this process as a cost effective secondary (or primary) job advertising channel for companies that may already be using StackOverflow, Seek or something similar. We meet the requirements above as an Australian based professional recruitment portal with functionality to list skills and salary as required. Austechjobs is very cost effective (free at the time of writing) and reaches a broad pool of quality Australian IT professionals. Posting a job with does not require an account and takes less than 5 minutes.job with does not require an account and takes less than 5 minutes.